Monday 3 October 2016

I am confident of my school subjects. But I fear a lot from MAT. Can I still crack NTSE?

I am confident of my school subjects. But I fear a lot from MAT. Can I still crack NTSE?
Every year, National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national level exam is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to award scholarships. Lakhs of students from different regions of India appear in the examination to avail scholarships. This examination conducts in 02 parts, Stage-I and Stages-II. Both stages include Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Most of the times, students lose their confidence as the concept of MAT scare them. They prepare hard for NTSE Exam, but only NCERT concepts. All the subjects are prepared but they have no idea about the MAT Section.
Hence, they get confused what to do for preparing in a better way? To help those students, we have gathered some important tips to crack the MAT section.
First of all, stop fearing as the trickiest question can be solved with properly planned study. If you haven’t prepared MAT section then start today only.
In stage-1, MAT section basically comprises fact-based questions while the stage-2 MAT section consists thinking based questions. Follow the listed steps to prepare for MAT section.
In Mental Ability Test, mainly questions will be asked from Algebra, Numerical Ability, Profit-loss, Logical Reasoning, Data interpretation,  etc. All the questions will be formed on the basis of class IX and Class X syllabus hence, you have not to worry at all. Just focus on the listed concepts, that you can easily find in NCERT Books. Always remember, except general knowledge nothing will be asked outside of the NCERT Textbooks.
  • General mental ability
  • Orders of magnitude (Class X level)
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Data interpretation: charts, tables, graphs, data sufficiency and more (Class X level)
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations)

 You can read the full article here:I am confident of my school subjects. But I fear a lot from MAT. Can I still crack NTSE?

No comments:

Post a Comment